August 17, 2009

Snappies: Leaving it all behind

I love a good party. I also love a good surprise, though no-one's ever surprised me (I honestly don't blame them), I've thrown plenty of 'em. Two days ago my dad, bro and I surprised mum for her 60th. It was such a gorgeous lunch in the sunshine. Mum almost fell over when she saw friends who had flown in from Melbourne and Canada (they were our neighbours back in Toronto where I was born). There was a vast amount of wine, smoked trout, roasted meat, baked winter vegies and flourless choc cake consumed. Stevie Wonder, The Four Tops and The Supremes accompanied conversation and laughter ruled the day.

Now don't you just adore these pics by Rebecca of lovely Cornwall? I chose the pastelly party-ish pics to keep me in a fun mood (it's hubby's birthday on Friday). I can only dream of capturing such simple moments so beautifully. Here's a few sweet facts about Rebecca...
What gets you in a creative mood?
Good lighting, sunshine and feeling the wind on my face.

What makes you laugh?
My friends. At the moment Flight of the Conchords and The Chasers War on Everything on BBC4 have been brightening my Tuesday nights.


What's been the highlight of your career?
Leaving it all behind and moving to the seaside.

More fabulousness: flickr.com/photos/rpepperell

No comments:

Post a Comment