September 24, 2009

Snapshot : Hey doll face


I was in a crowded cafe today having lunch with a friend. My beautiful friend was chatting away about numerology and the planets and the girl behind her looked over at me a few times, uncomfortable with our proximity. It would have been the usual case of person goes to delicious cafe, person forgets how popular cafe is, person sits unsure of self listening in on others wondering why they're so open and chatty, person sips coffee and makes a run for it. Except the girl behind my friend had loads of make-up on, really nicely done, but not suitable for anything outside a Friday night or fashion shoot. Glancing around the cafe she just looked at odds. With herself mostly.

It's amazing what we communicate with just our eyes, and often don't realize it. A glance can convey all the love or hurt in the world... make-up doesn't hide any of it, it only illuminates how you feel.

And here we have a coupla dolls, gazing down a Polaroid's lens, conveying a novel full of sassy story lines. Hilarous! I'm a sucker for a beautifully shot flower, but flowers and doll faces together? Heaven. Meet the super sweet lady behind these pics... Nancy of Futurowoman Fotographie



What do you love about Texas?

I am a native Californian, so Texas is an adopted home. One of the things I really love about Texas is that people here have a "live and let live" attitude about life. There is a strong streak of "don't tell me what to do, and I won't tell you what to do" in the Texas identity, and I love that. People are very friendly, and Texas is so diverse! You meet people from everywhere, everyday--there is something for everyone. Although I miss my home state, Texas is a great place to live!

What makes you laugh?

I love dry, sarcastic humor, and I also laugh at the weird antics of my dogs, a terrier mix named Orson and a whippet named Laika. They are hilarious!



Any hidden talents?

I'm not sure if these are "hidden" talents, but I love to cook, and in the past couple of years, I've gotten into making preserves. I love to pick fresh fruit and make jams! This summer, I've also gotten into making homemade ice creams! My favorite so far has been Absinthe Ice Cream.

Favorite subject to photograph?

I love to take photos of my dogs, both artistically and as personal family heirlooks. I also adore old vintage signs, botanical subjects, and the sky. Basically, I just love to take photographs! :)



Polaroids from top down: Blythe / Gentle River "Who, me?", Peony, Blythe "Hello Bitches" and Purple Artichoke.

More: futurowoman.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment