March 21, 2009

Plaything : Calendar girl


Considering it's almost time to wax on about chocolate-coated easter bunnies, I shouldn't be harking back to the new year. But there's something about my small tradition each January when I buy myself a Cavallini & Co. calendar (cavallini.com) to put up over my desk. This year it's a collection of vintage posters from Italy. Last year it was engravings of butterflies from the 19th century.
Some of the butterflies were so beautiful I'm going to put them in frames (which makes me feel better than trapping real b-flies in an Ikea moment). Last night I scanned my favourites to keep on file, then all I wanted to do was play with each delicate image. And play I did! I'm thinking of printing this particular illo and making gift tags with them. Setting them free, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment