March 31, 2009

Institches : Pretty free things


Free furniture is something special. But just like buying a dress for a tenner that's a size too big, you have to ask yourself, "am I really gonna fix this mess?"

Well I'm here to tell a happy story. I stumbled across free furniture, picked it up with my bare hands (and a husband... and a ute kinda helped too) and I am in definite plans to reupholster the lot. I have two chairs and a two-seater in shiny, solid timber, just as gorgeous as my nan's old rocker. And I now have four cuttings from Warwick Fabrics that I'm flipping coins over to see what I likey the best.

Meet the girls (clockwise from top left): Cha Cha in magenta, Hanami in blossom, Istanbul in rose and Angelina in magenta. Pics of chairs coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment