April 29, 2009

Snapshot : New beginnings

Today is a new beginning for me. A really big, wonderful fresh start. It's my first day as a freelance journalist and I can't wait to see where this road takes me. If I could arrange the flowers and scenes surrounding my new road, I'd like them to look like like the ones above. Pretty please. Yeah, ok, I'm thinking of a perfect world where tulips bow like ballerinas and hydrangeas imitate butterflies... but why not dream a perfect dream? Why not aim to create or capture the incredible?

The photos above go a bit beyond beautiful for me. They're subtly, quietly, breathtaking. The steady hand behind these perfect scenes is Tracey - [ r ♥ c e y t ♥ y ] {I br♥ke for bokeh}'s. She's a Canadian photographer with an awesome sense of humour (comes with the territory) and a quirky philosophy I love. Here's a bit about her:

What gets you in a creative mood? The urge is always there to make something, to show everyone what I see when I see it. I have not taken a photo in two days and I can feel it there, growing, 'do something' 'make something'. It's like an itch that needs scratching!

My favourite flower is probably the tulip. I find them very challenging to photograph and when I get something I like I feel very rewarded.

What are you reading? I am 3/4 of the way through "A Clash of Kings" by George R. R. Martin.

Pics clockwise from top left: Perfect Purplebells; And across her face dancing, the first shadows fly to kiss the pussy willow; Not only is another world possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing; The umpossible; It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are; and The second age.

No comments:

Post a Comment