April 10, 2009

Snapshot : Spectacle merveilleux


The sun is setting here in Sydney a lot earlier since daylight savings kicked in, so when I walk along Hyde Park on my way to the train station after work, the sky casts a magical glow behind the dominating, leafless trees. I look like a child some days, walking slowly, gazing through the branches, listening to the birds, taking in the eerily romantic scene.

At about the same time, talented photographer Marc is up at the crack of dawn to catch trees, new blossoms and the fresh light the sky brings first thing in the morning in Rennes, France. I love his photos, digitally enhanced as they may be. I love their melancholic energy, simplicity and their universal understanding.

Clockwise from top left: Les Arbres Bleus (The Blue Trees), Floraison Blanche #1 (White Blossom #1), Fleurs Blanches (White Flowers) and Un Peu du Printemps #3 (a Bit of Spring #3).

1 comment:

  1. how lovely! and why didn't you tell me you had a blog? It's great! I'll pop it up on the RL website xx

    ReplyDelete