April 14, 2009

Snapshot : The quiet american


I've just had the most serene weekend away in the country with friends: lashings of good conversation, delish food and fresh air; no mobile phones, computers or stress allowed. Back in the city, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. The sun seems harsher, traffic is hideous and the neighbours have started yelling at each other. The strangest bit? I don't have any music on.

Today's post, therefore, is a quiet one. The lovely Valeria from Florida, a 21 year old design student and photographer, has some super sweet pics on her Etsy and Flickr pages that I love. She prints on lustre paper (in between matte and glossy), chooses simple scenes and uses
sunlight to light each photo. They couldn't suit my mood any better. Sigh.

Clockwise from top left: Dress in Water, White, Flowers and Glass Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment