May 8, 2009

Snapshot : Funny fridays I like


You know what I love about my blog? It gives me the chance to discover pics, people, art, stationery, cities, countries, ideas and so much more that I would never have found otherwise. It's so energising and satisfying. Initially I thought I'd just be putting up a pretty picture here and there, I had no idea there would be such a beautiful human connection in the whole process. Or that I would become obsessed. Hmm that too.

As you may have noticed, I get a bit excited when humour and creativity collide. Take Mike - aka Balakov - and his pics. Now these are some brilliantly styled, perfectly lit, insanely funny pics. So good, in fact, that each mask seems to take on a different emotion. Amazing.


Meet Mike...

What makes you laugh?
Well that's a tricky one, my grasp of neurophysiology is pretty weak, but I understand supranuclear pathways come into synaptic relation in the reticular core of the brain stem which activates the ventromedial prefrontal cortex. Terry Pratchett's books generally cause this response in me.

What is it about toys & troopers?
Compared to people and places, toys are easy. They don't move, they take less room, I can control the light, and I can put them in all sorts of compromising positions without them complaining or phoning lawyers. Why troopers in particular? Well that's easy, I'm a total Star Wars geek.

What's your favourite website?
I spend a lot of time on Flickr and DeviantART, and of course, I spy on my friends through Facebook.

http://www.flickr.com/people/balakov/

First group, clockwise from top left:
Cold. Standard Imperial issue Twinings English Breakfast Tea, always a favourite with the troopers.
A piece of me you seek, yes?
I wish I was a snowtrooper... Good Christ it's cold outside. Probably not so bad if you're dressed for it.

Second group, clockwise from top left:
Imperial Gardening Commander. TK-764 : Head of the covert gardening unit deployed on Endor. Someone has to keep it looking nice for when the Emperor visits.
Heat. "You'll love the weather on Tatooine" they said. At least on Hoth your ice cream doesn't melt.
After the war. Not all Stormtroopers did so badly after the fall of the Empire. TK-754 now owns a moderately successful washing machine spares supply business on Coruscant.
Down the pub. After a hard day hunting droids, TK-107 spends the evening watching the suns go down while relaxing in a traditional Tatooine pub.
North by Northwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment