May 11, 2009

Dreamweaver : Novel ideas


From a small town in Norway comes these stunning and fragile mini works of art. They're original mixed media illustrations using acrylic paint, ink and marker drawing on a vintage book pages from 1892, by the lovely Annette. Here's a bit about her:

How did you become an artist?
I've been drawing and painting all my life. I loved my colouring books when I was a little girl and I started my Art education when I was 16, I went to Art school for 7 years.
Art is my life really, it's like therapy . A way to get my feelings out . People that know me can tell from my work what kind of mood I am in.

When I was 18 I went to Tasmania, Australia for 6 months and took art classes and life drawing classes at Adult education, Hobart. At the age of 19 I was accepted into a private Art school for Fine Art, Sculpture and Photography in Stavanger, Norway. I graduated 2 years later and have been a freelance designer and illustrator since then. I've also worked in an Art gallery.
In 2007 I started to sell my art online at carambatack.etsy.com.

Whats been the highlight of your career?
All the positive and wonderful feedback from customers, bloggers, friends and others when I started to sell my art online. That gives me such joy and makes me want to create more art.

What are your favourite creative website?
Flickr.com - so much creativity and inspiration in one place....WOW. I love flickr and have been posting photos of my work and life since 2006. My flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/carambatack

Pictured top (clockwise from top left): Fantasy tree, Girl on Swing, Red Bird, My red umbrella, Under my wing and Red dress. Below: Peacock in blue and red, inspired by Norwegian retro paper cut from the 70`s.

No comments:

Post a Comment